Necta Pure Natural Honey is cultivated by a group of farmers from the North rift parts of Baringo, Kerio and Kuria. The rich Natural habitat gives plenty of nectar from 100 types of trees best known for medicine.
There exists a well laid down HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) plan, where the honey is harvested by using smoke stimuli, the supers transferred to extraction room, uncapping done with a sharp knife, the supers rotated at a minimum of 1000rpm centrifuge, then the supers returned to the hive. This practice ensures Environmental Protection
Our honey is purified by use of sedimentation technique, preserving the rich natural taste and aroma. Afterwards, samples are randomly collected and submitted to external Laboratories, (Quality Plus and KEBS food laboratories) after approval, honey is packed in food grade plastic jars, sealed and distributed to you.
Studies have shown that bee honey to have the following benefits:
- Contains antioxidants and flovonoids which are very important in detoxification of the body
- Some studies show that honey improves heart disease risk factors in people with diabetes. However, it also raises blood sugar levels â so it cannot be considered healthy for people with diabetes.
- Eating honey may lead to modest reductions in blood pressure, an important risk factor for heart disease.
- Honey seems to have a positive effect on cholesterol levels. It leads to modest reductions in total and âbadâ LDL cholesterol while raising âgoodâ HDL cholestero
- Elevated triglycerides are a risk factor for heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Several studies show that honey can lower triglyceride levels, especially when used as a sugar substitute.
- The antioxidants in honey have been linked to beneficial effects on heart health, including increased blood flow to your heart and a reduced risk of blood clot formation.
- When applied to the skin, honey can be part of an effective treatment plan for burns, wounds and many other skin conditions. It is particularly effective for diabetic foot ulcers.
- For children over one year of age, honey can act as a natural and safe cough suppressant. Some studies show that it is even more effective than cough medicine.